Seattle, WA- April 12, 2016 - Streambox, an industry leading pioneer delivering low latency, bonded video streaming solutions, today announced new Add-on modules for the AVENIRMicro and AVENIRDrone family of video encoders that offer greater means of connectivity, increased mobility options, and support for industry standard battery types. The Streambox modular "As You Like It" design allows the user to compose the ideal video encoder solution for their video streaming needs.
The Add-on Modules Include:
- Embedded Modem Module - Includes 4 embedded 3G/4G/LTE mobile modems with an adjustable antenna sleeve, and is ideal for work in areas with consistent mobile network coverage.
- Embedded Modem Module for Industrial Applications- the embedded modem module with 4 embedded 3G/4G/LTE modems features four external SMA's to connect four remote antennas for signal improvements.
- USB Modem Module - Provides an enclosure for 4 USB, 3G/4G/LTE mobile modems plus integrated, hot-swappable, Canon LP-E6 battery support. Ideal for work in multiple regions, each with varying mobile network coverage. Just plug in the USB modems that are ideal for that region.
- H-Clip Module with Shoulder Strap - Allows the user to attach a shoulder strap to and provide a power source for the main unit. Supports up to 2 hot-swappable Canon LP-E6 batteries, providing 2+ hours of non-stop video streaming.
- T-Clip with Shoulder Strap - Enables attaching a shoulder strap to the main unit, making it ideal for minimal profile andhigh mobility.
- Breakout Cable - Provides 4 USB extension cables to support 4 USB mobile modems plus a power-in connector. Ideal for cases where you want to mount the main unit with the USB modems mounted at various positions. For example, mounting directly to a drone UAV, mounting in a helicopter, or in a first-responder vehicle.
- V-Mount & G-Mount Battery Mount Plate - The custom encoder top plate with wired connections to support IDX and Anton Bauer compatible batteries, providing up to 8 hours of continuous operation.
This offering includes new features for the AVENIRMicro and AVENIRDrone Encoders, a new and improved LCD interface, and a new simplified mobile app including automated LDMP, making these encoders easier than ever for use in the field. In addition, this recent upgrade provides video compression improvements and full HD video bitrates up to 18Mbps.
"The new "As You Like It" Add-on modules extends on our vision of Mobile Video Everywhere with mobility, connectivity and powering options¨ said Bob Hildeman, CEO & Co-Founder Streambox Inc. "The Avenir Micro and Drone Encoders offer the flexibility as a stand alone or fully mobile encoder with Add-on modules to stream many hours of high quality live video by bonding all available wireless or wired IP networks at the same time."
Founded in 1999, Streambox is an industry leading pioneer developing ultra-efficient IP based video streaming solutions and cloud based streaming services. Streambox delivers mobile video everywhere, allowing companies and organizations to broadcast, share, and stream video from anywhere with unlimited scalability. The Streambox family of professional live and file-based HD/SD software and hardware for video transport, management, and playout streamlines the workflow for all broadcasting and streaming needs. Streambox technology is based on the ACT-L3™ proprietary video compression which allows faster encoding with low-latency and adaptive bitrate streaming over public and private networks.
Learn more at www.streambox.com